Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tour pix

The language school gave us a tour of Cochabamba last week, and one of the sites we visited was the Cristo de la Concordia. The statue is huge and very impressive. You can see it from almost everywhere in the city.












Since the Cristo is up on a hill, it gave everyone an opportunity to take shots of the city below. You can actually climb inside of the statue and take pictures of the city. Here is an example:















This is a picture of Michelle and I. Michelle works for the same organization as I do and will also be working in El Alto/La Paz once language school is over. It is great having a ´ready-made´ friend here! :)



- I know my blog has been rather picture heavy. Know that I am doing well. My host family is great and they are all taking very good care of the ¨gringuita¨ in the house. The food has been too good - I will probably start gaining weight at this rate, which is the opposite of what they told us at orientation. We eat a lot of potatoes, eggs, rice, vegetables and fresh fruit. Like Megan in Arizona, I get served fresh orange juice every day. It is delicious!
- Language school has been interesting to say the least. My vocabulary is growing but I have to remind myself to be patient. Daily. Or hourly. I want to know more! And as a US national, I want it know it all NOW! ha, ha.
- I am looking into some volunteering possibilities while I am living in Cochabamba. Hope to have picked something within the next month. Will keep you all posted.

1 comments:

Erin said...

Very nice photos Lauren! I am interested to hear about your volunteering! That could definately help with the Spanish too! Thanks for keeping us updated! I send you love over the miles,
Erin